MANUAL LYMPH DRAINAGE / MLD (DR VODDER)
This specialised therapy is a gentle, rhythmic, and structured form of massage technique based on pumping, circular and spiral movements which encourage the lymph fluid to flow more freely around the body.
By improving the functioning of the lymphatic system – a natural cleaning process in the body – MLD helps to eliminate waste products and excessive fluid, strengthen the immune system, and promote circulation. It gives a deep feeling of relaxation, and is therefore an extremely effective treatment for severe stress. It also helps to relieve pain, and is successfully employed to accelerate the healing process before and after operations.
MLD is known to:
- Reduce oedema such as in swellings after injuries or operations, e.g. cosmetic / plastic surgery
- Be calming, helping, for example, the quality of sleep, the treatment of stress or burn-out, and digestion
- Alleviate fluid congestion as in, for example, swollen legs during pregnancy and tired, puffy eyes
- Improve chronic inflammatory conditions such as sinusitis, arthritis, acne and rosacea
- Promote the healing of scars, wounds and burns
- Aid a detox program
Manual Lymph Drainage requires a personally tailored treatment schedule and plan. This will be discussed during the initial consultation.
£50 for 1 hour